The South American capital of trade fairs
São Paulo performs 90 000 events per year, generating:
- One event every 6 minutes
- 120 of 176 major fairs in Brazil
- A trade fair every three days
- 72% of the market of trade shows
- R$ 2.9 billion in revenue per year with events
- R$ 1.7 billion in revenue annually, of which R$ 424.2 million in lease area for exhibitions
- R$ 424.2 million in services in pavilions
- R$ 850 million in travel, lodging, food, transportation and shopping
- About 2.54 million m² in large spaces for events, plus hundreds of smaller sites.
- Only the Anhembi Exhibition Pavillion houses around 400,000 square meters - is the largest events complex in Latin America
- 35,000 exhibiting companies involved
- Events visited by 4 million people, including professionals and buyers, with 45 000 foreign buyers.
- The sectors that perform most of the trade shows, meetings and events in the city are, medical, scientific, technological, industrial and educational.